Cobb County Government
Office of Economic Development
Michael Hughes, AICP
100 Cherokee Street
Marietta, GA 30090
(770) 528-2636 fax
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday through Friday
|Office of Economic Development
About Cobb County
Cobb County Fact Sheet
- Current Estimated Population – 679,325.
- Projected Per Capita Income for 2007 is $43,554 (*).
- 2007 – Among the highest median household income in the state: $ 61,682.
- Estimated Annual Retail Sales for 2007: $13,438,681,507 Billion
= $36,818,305 per day = $1,534,096.06 per hour 24 hours per day.
- Estimated number of new home starts for 2007: Single family – 1,232;
Multi-family - 930.
- New Residential Homes: 2006 Median Sell Price $294,000. Existing Residential Homes: 2006 Median Sell Price $188,000.
- Triple A Bond Rating– Confirmed last ten years (since 1997).
- Cobb County Water System –The first public water utility in the nation to achieve triple-triple A bond ratings. Confirmed last six years (since 2001).
- One of the lowest property tax rates in the Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) region: 9.60 mills.
- One of the lowest crime rates: 20.31 per 1000 population.
- One of the lowest unemployment rates of eight metro counties: 4.0%
- Over 16,680 commercial/industrial properties and over 225,928 residential properties
- High percent of population with Bachelor’s Degree or higher: 53.6%, total includes 18-24 years 12.7% and 25 years and older 40.9%.
- Cobb County School District is the second largest system in Georgia with 107,307 students enrolled in K-12. The City of Marietta school system has eleven schools with over 8,000 students enrolled.
- Over 2,492 miles of county-owned roads.
- Motor Vehicle registrations based on numbers as of a point in time in October/November of each year: 2006 - 711,964, 2007 - 717,060 (estimated to end of year).
- Approximately $2 billion in new mixed-use development and renovation underway in the Cumberland/Vinings area.
- $1.097 billion in tourism dollars as of July 2006: ranked the second highest tourism expenditures in the state (**).
- $1.04 billion SPLOST program approved by the voters in September 2005
- $110 million to expand Cobb County Jail
- $55 million for New Supreme Court Building
- $27 million for 800 MHZ Radio System
- $850 million for DOT improvements
(*) Projected by Woods & Poole Economics.
(**) Note: Convention Bureau conducts study for tourism dollars every two years.